Baptism is an amazing time for new believers to declare that they now belong to Jesus. It is a public declaration of our faith in Christ, as well as a celebration of our new life in Him. Baptism does not save the believer but is instead an outward symbolic representation of the inward work of grace through faith. If you have not been baptized, we encourage you to do so in obedience to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. If you have yet to be baptized and would like to be, either visit Info Central after service or let us know here online.
Our Baptism Classes are held on the first Saturday of every month.
The Baptism Process
The baptism process at Waters Church has been designed to be both simple and meaningful. From the registration form to the baptism meeting, each step has been carefully planned with you in mind:
- Watch or listen to the baptism message: Watch it here. // Listen to it here.
- Complete the baptism registration. Once we receive your registration form, we will contact you to schedule your videotaping and baptism. If you have yet to sign up for CCB (Church Community Builder), you will have to do so here first.
- Read about why we believe filming your testimony is the best option.
- Choose whether or not you would like to use your testimony as a tool to further His kingdom.
- Attend a meeting (and film your testimony if you so choose).
- Get baptized! Baptisms take place during one of our weekend services, and include a showing of your prerecorded video followed by your baptism.
Making Your Video
First of all, no, you do not have to film a testimony video.
With that being said, one of the most powerful aspects of baptism at Waters Church is the video testimony shown right before your baptism. The video allows you to share how you came to know Christ as your Savior and how he has been working in your life.
Baptism is meant to be a public profession and it is an incredible opportunity to share God’s message of redemption with thousands of people. We have witnessed the life changing effect these videos have had on people’s lives.
Another important reason we do a video is that we as a congregation grow in our faith by watching these stories. It allows friends, family, and even those you don’t know to celebrate the amazing transformation Christ has worked in your life.
Some people are nervous about taping their stories, but we work hard to make the process both simple and fulfilling. After you’ve scheduled your baptism and filming date, you will receive emails with guidelines and information to help you prepare for your testimony filming. One Sunday a month we have a meeting, where we go over everything you need to know about the baptism process and the videotaping. The video will be taped on the day of your meeting, which usually takes place two or three weeks before your baptism.
Prerecording allows you to do as many takes as necessary, while sharing the message you have thoughtfully and prayerfully prepared ahead of time.
We want baptism to be a meaningful and enjoyable experience, and we look forward to walking through it with you! If you have any questions or need help preparing your testimony, please contact Shane Parsons at 508-695-1300 or email@example.com.